Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
EFF’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Equitable Facilities Fund’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is anchored in a set of fundamental beliefs that drive everything that we do.
- All Children have the right to a quality education and have the potential to lead successful, fulfilling lives.
- Some of our nation’s systems and structures have undermined Black, Brown and low-income communities and particularly challenged the education system.
- We have a responsibility to disrupt systems that interfere with each child’s ability to learn and discover their greatness.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategic Plan is based on the following five pillars:
- Portfolio Management and Support: Finding ways to expand our approach to leaders of color and diverse leadership teams in our portfolio, while providing holistic support and sharing resources amongst portfolio members.
- Business Policies and Practices: Developing and refining our processes to make sure they align with our diversity, equity and inclusion commitment, as well as making sure diversity, equity and inclusion is a priority for all of our business partner relationships.
- Talent Systems, Team and Learning: Ensuring that our diversity, equity and inclusion commitment is reflected in our talent processes; and providing opportunities for staff to deepen awareness and understanding of core diversity, equity and inclusion concepts.
- Accountability: Determining relevant and appropriate internal programmatic diversity, equity and inclusion measures and monitoring progress.
- Communication: Aligning our staff, board and other stakeholders around our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and establishing transparent and consistent communication around it.
“EFF provided us with the tools to refinance and purchase our high school, allowing us to take control of our own destiny and put six figures back into the classroom annually versus that lease.”Jeremy Chiapetta CEO, Blackstone Valley Prep
By creating and following this strategic plan, we will always have diversity, equity and inclusion at the forefront of our work. This is a non-negotiable value for us, and we are committed to putting diversity, equity and inclusion in the center of our team, in how we engage with leaders and communities, and in our approach to our work.